Arthur Z. Bookstein
Phone: (781) 247-4275
Fax: (781) 247-4279
200 Highland Ave, #306
Needham, Massachusetts 02494
Mr. Bookstein is experienced in a range of mechanical and electro-mechanical technologies with particular extended experience in medical device, heavy and complex machinery, footwear, fastener technologies and consumer products.
Mr. Bookstein is registered to practice before the U. S. Patent & Trademark Office, is a member of the Massachusetts Bar and is admitted to several federal courts. He holds a B. S. in mechanical engineering from Northeastern University and a J. D. degree from Boston University School of Law. He is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell and was designated as a Super Lawyer for each of 2004-2006.
- Wolf, Greenfield & Sacks, P. C., Shareholder 1970-1994
- Bookstein & Kudirka, LLP, Co-founding partner, 1995-1998
- K & L Gates, LLP, Of-Counsel 1998-2010
- patent application preparation and prosecution to issuance of many hundreds of patent applications
- counseling and assisting clients in the development and execution of domestic and global strategies for obtaining and enforcing intellectual property rights.
- extensive opinion practice including initial and second opinions, many of which have involved high-stakes issues of:
- patent and trademark infringement
- infringement avoidance
- freedom to operate
- trademark clearance
- representation and counseling clients in intellectual property transactional matters such as negotiation and drafting of licenses, technology transfer and technology development agreements and due diligence analysis in connection with mergers and acquisitions.
- patent reexaminations
- numerous patent interferences at the U. S. Patent and Trademark Office Board of Appeals and Interferences (BPAI)
- numerous appeals at the BPAI from USPTO examining division decisions
- lead counsel in patent and trademark infringement litigation
- lead counsel in licensing litigation